Friday, August 20, 2010

A recent bag I purchased....

Nordstrasse is one of my favourite shopping streets in Dusseldorf, there are quite a few stores which I love popping into, even if I do not want to buy anything. On one such foray of mine I spotted a handbag in my favourite colour – maroon. I immediately picked it up from the shelf and was quite astonished to find that it was very lightweight. The bag surface almost felt like parchment. I did not quite like the idea that it was so light, but then I opened the bag and looked inside and found this stitched into the inner zip pocket – genuine eel skin, Made in Korea.

I gave in to the temptation and purchased it and have not regretted my purchase. In addition to finding a bag in my favourite colour I found it had some really nice features. The zip of the bag does not just stop at the handles like most bags do but goes up all the way up the handle as you can see from the photo below:




On one side of the bag is a pouch in which I can safely store my handphone



and on the opposite size a zip pocket which is large enough for my keys or a small coin purse

2 comments:

  1. Was an expat doing technical software sales in Duesseldorf from 92-95, lived in Volmerswerth, just steps from the Rhein and worked Am Wehrhahn.
    The city is a really nice place to live and hope you are having fun. Is Christ Church still in the Nordpark? Do you visit the Aquazoo? Is the Nightengale School for younger children still there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie,

    Yes Christ Church is still at the back of Nordpark...I have not visited the Aquazoo, but have both walked and run in the Nordpark...Not sure of the Nightingale school - we are empty nesters and have not looked at schooling for children...I am absolutely enjoying my stay in Dusseldorf so far...

    ReplyDelete